Tuesday, May 29, 2012

First Chapter -- First Paragraph -- Tuesday Intros


Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea hosts First Chapter, First Paragraph, Tuesday Intros. This week's intro is from There are Things I Want You to Know About Stieg Larsson and Me by Eva Gabrielsson:



People often ask me if the Swedish drink as much coffee as the characters do in the Millennium Trilogy. Well, we drink a lot of it indeed, given that Finland is the only country in the world that consumes more coffee than we do. And if I had to single out just one thing in common between Stieg Larsson and Mikael Blomkvist, it would surely be their impressive daily quota of coffee.

8 comments:

  1. I'm not familiar with this one, but it now has my interest. Like the intro a lot.

    I enjoyed books 1 and 2 of the trilogy as well (still have #3 to read).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be interesting to read about Larsson from the person who knows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm quite tempted! And I'm smiling as I remember the aroma of my Swedish grandmother's coffee....

    Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a book I would necessarily have picked up based on the cover but I kind of like the opening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an interesting opening. I haven't seen this book before, but would definitely keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed this one. Hope you do as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, the title puts me off a little, but the coffee drinking would pull me back. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete