Tuesday, May 1, 2012

First Chapter -- First Paragraph -- Tuesday Intros

Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea hosts First Chapter, First Paragraph, Tuesday Intros. This week's intro is from It Rains in February by Leila Summers:
You slump to the ground on the veranda, hold your head in your hands, and begin to weep. My skin feels hot I start trembling even though it's a sweltering summer evening in the South African coastal city of Durban. The veranda wraps around two sides of our old Victorian wood-and-iron house in the suburbs. It is trimmed with white wooden lace and a railing that we added as soon as Jane could crawl.


 'I'm so in love' you choke through sobs. Your pause exists outside of time, suspended in the humid air.


 'I can't lie to you any longer Robyn. I just . . . I love Amanda so much.'

3 comments:

  1. Yes this one hooks me. I'm very curious as I haven't heard of this one. enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a dramatic love story! I'm curious about how it all ends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too sad. I don't think it's one I want to read.

    ReplyDelete