Tuesday, September 13, 2011

First Chapter -- First Paragraph -- Tuesday Intros


Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea has started a fun new meme First Chapter, First Paragraph, Tuesday Intros. This week's intro is from Here Comes Trouble by Michael Moore.


Wishes for my early demise seemed to be everywhere. They were certainly on the mind of CNN's Bill Hemmer one sunny July morning in 2004. He had heard something he wanted to run by me. And so, holding a microphone in front of my face, on the floor of the 2004 Democratic National Convention, live on CNN, he asked me what I thought about how American people were feeling about Michael Moore:

'I've heard people say they wish Michael Moore were dead.'

I tried to recall if I'd ever heard a journalist ask anyone that question before on live television. Dan Rather did not ask Saddam Hussein that question. I'm pretty sure Stone Phillips didn't ask serial killer and cannibal Jeffrey Dahlmer, either. Perhaps, maybe, Larry King asked Liza once -- but I don't think so.

3 comments:

  1. I'd want to keep reading! This book sounds fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG....This is awesome; I would keep reading for sure, and so admire this man for always stirring the pot.

    ReplyDelete