Tuesday, August 9, 2011

First Chapter -- First Paragraph -- Tuesday Intros


Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea has started a fun new meme First Chapter, First Paragraph, Tuesday Intros. This week's intro is from Wither by Lauren Destefano:


I wait. They keep us in the dark for so long that we lose sense of our eyelids. We sleep huddled together like rats, staring out, and dream of our bodies swaying.

I know when one of the girls reaches a wall. She begins to pound and scream -- there's metal in the sound -- but none of us help her. We've gone too long without speaking, and all we do is bury ourselves more into the dark.




6 comments:

  1. Oh, freaky. I'd better find out what this is about before I jump into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes!! It does have me wondering what's going on!
    Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! The hair on the back of my neck is standing up! I had no idea this was a creepy book! It catches my attention & I sure want to know what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Boy does this sound creepy, yet I feel like it would be a page turner as well. Can't wait for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a depressing beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So how is it so far... dystopian future looks grim for women no....

    ReplyDelete