Friday, November 19, 2010

Readings for the Season


This is my favorite time of year. Spending time with friends and family. Baking my extra special Christmas cookies. Shopping for the perfect present. Enjoying the lights, music, food, movies and, of course, the books.

If you are looking for terrific seasonal reads, might I suggest the following:

1) The Christmas Cookie Club by Ann Pearlman. It features several compelling story lines as well as some terrific cookie recipes.

2) A Highlander Christmas by Janet Chapman. For a fun, paranormal Christmas romance story.

3) A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens and edited Stephen Skelton. This is a completely annotated version of a classic story.

4) Cowboy and Wills by Monica Holloway. Technically, this is not a Christmas book, but part of the story takes place at Christmas time. Moreover, I think the story itself is suitably touching for the season.

Break out the egg nog and snuggle up with a good read. It is going to be a memorable holiday season!

1 comment:

  1. Nice list. The only one I've read is A Christmas Carol. I do love Christmas stories, though.

    ReplyDelete