Monday, October 15, 2012

Mailbox Monday -- October 15th



Welcome to Mailbox Monday which is hosted this month on the Mailbox Monday Blog.  After another crazy week on the home front I purchased just one book, but I am slowly but surely getting back into the swing of things.  I hope you had a great week too!

1) Happens Every Day by Isabel Gillies.  Publisher's Summary. Isabel Gillies had a wonderful life—a handsome, intelligent, loving husband who was a professor; two glorious toddlers; a beautiful house in their Midwestern college town; the time and place to express all her ebullience and affection and optimism. Suddenly, the life Isabel had made crumbled. Her husband, Josiah, announced that he was leaving her and their two young sons. "Happens every day," said a friend. Far from a self-pitying diatribe, Happens Every Day reads like an intimate conversation between friends. It is a dizzyingly can-did, compulsively readable, ultimately redemptive story about love, marriage, family, heartbreak, and the unexpected turns of a life. On the one hand, reading this book is like watching a train wreck. On the other hand, as Gillies herself says, it is about trying to light a candle instead of cursing the darkness, and loving your life even if it has slipped away.

Personal purchase.

13 comments:

  1. Enjoy your book.


    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/10/mailbox-monday-10142012.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this one is as good as it sounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a rather hopeful book. I hope it's a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds like a book I'd enjoy. Thanks for sharing. And thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't heard of this one but I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim,

    This is a new book to me, although I am unlikely to have come across it, as I don't read memoirs.

    It sounds as though you are in for a pretty emotional read for much of the story and I hope that you enjoy it.

    Have a great week,

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a rich read, and I'm glad it has a hopeful spin to it. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. DOn't think I had ever heard of this one, but it sounds like it has good potential --enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like a thoughtful read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you enjoy your new read! It sounds very promising!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a positive take on difficult subject. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete