Tuesday, April 17, 2012

First Chapter-- First Paragraph-- Tuesday Intros


Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea hosts First Chapter, First Paragraph, Tuesday Intros. This week's intro is from Gossip by Beth Gutcheon:


'You were asking about Diane Wainwright,' I said to Judy Mellincroft, once we got her bodice basted. Mrs. Oba was on the floor with her mouth full of pins, taking up the hem of a sleek wine-colored evening sheath. Judy is so tiny that we have to reconstruct everything she buys, but it's worth it. She loves the designers I carry, and she's out in my clothes everyday for lunch and most nights during the season, a walking advertisement for the shop, and I don't even have to give her a discount.

2 comments:

  1. "got her body basted" LOL - this sounds like a great summer read - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if it's my cup of tea, but it sounds like it might be fun.

    ReplyDelete