Tuesday, May 24, 2011

First Chapter -- First Paragraph -- Tuesday Intros




Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea has started a fun new meme, First Chapter, First Paragraph, Tuesday Intros. Below is the first paragraph/chapter of the controversial, but compelling memoir Imperfect Endings by Zoe Fitzgerald Carter.




I don’t have to answer the phone. On my knees in the bathroom, daughters just settled into the tub, I have the perfect excuse to ignore it. Let the machine pick it up instead. But I push off my knees and head for the door, my brain several steps behind my body as it usually is by this time of day.

3 comments:

  1. I love the cover of this one, but think I'd have to read more to decide if I'd continue. I do need to check it out as I have it. Hope you enjoy Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is supposed to be really riveting.

    ReplyDelete