After reading that author Pat Conroy has read War and Peace three times (in his memoir My Reading Life) I was inspired (yet again) to read this classic. I have wanted to read this for years, but have always been overwhelmed by the sheer length of the novel. However, when I learned about a chapter a day challenge that is hosted by Jillian at A Room of One’s Own (there are 365 chapters) I finally decided to go for it.
If you are interested in this it is not too late to join. For more specifics of the readalong, click here.
Jillian's Guidelines -
* The readalong will last from January 1, 2011 – December 31, 2011
* There will be 6 discussion posts for this novel, one at the end of every second month
* A Bi-monthly participant list and bi-monthly post will be done
* You can blog, however. you want, and of course write more or less than 6 posts, if you prefer
* Jillian may do more than 6 posts, but will only list participants in the 6 scheduledposts
* You can also follow along without reading War and Peace, and comment as you please
* No one who joins is required to comment on the posts of participants, including mine; this is just a place to gather, no obligation required
I'm a reader/commuter in the DC Metro Area. My daily commute to work provides me with ample time to do what I love most: read! Whether its chick lit, literature, memoirs or other non fiction you can always find me with a book.
Review requests may be sent to dcmetroreader(at)gmail(dot)com.
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.
The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.
The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org