Saturday, November 17, 2012

Saturday Snapshot -- November 17th

Welcome to Saturday Snapshot which is hosted by Alyce At Home With Books. Photos can be old or new, and on any given subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don't post random photos you see on the internet.

During my visit to Denali Park last August I was surprised and amazed at the natural vegetation I saw even though it was the height of Fall.  Below are few examples.  

The first two are of a red leaf-berry (I forget the specific name) that are edible, but bitter. 


 According to my guide these purple flowers are the first flower  to bloom in the Spring.  Luckily, a few had    survived in Fall.
 I also learned that wild blueberries are indigenous to the area.   
         They are very tasty!

16 comments:

  1. All the flowers are gorgeous and now I'm hungry for blueberries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful gifts of nature! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog. And yes, my beaded curtains, as well as a few other quirky collections, do appeal to my inner child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't have expected to find these colors either. The first photo has a candy pinkish red color to it. Love it. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are all so pretty - lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beauty of the edibles and a feast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always amazed at what beautiful plants will grow even in the harshest climates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers, my favorite color is purple! I love blueberries, that was a nice find!
    Here's My SS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very colourful and edible too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely ground cover in beautiful colours. My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/qkrST

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty flowers. Cool that you found some wild blueberries! Looks like a great tour of the area.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! Blueberries! It's too hot to grow blueberries where I live :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. How colorful. I love blueberries but have never picked wild ones.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great color! I always love to take flowers pictures too. We have two very small blueberry bushes. Moved them this year in hopes of more growth.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the purple flowers! They are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete