Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Language God Talks (ends July 3rd)































Publisher's Summary. More years ago than I care to reckon up, I met Richard Feynman." So begins THE LANGUAGE GOD TALKS, Herman Wouk's gem on navigating the divide between science and religion. In one rich, compact volume, Wouk draws on stories from his life as well as on key events from the 20th century to address the eternal questions of why we are here, what purpose faith serves, and how scientific fact fits into the picture. He relates wonderful conversations he's had with scientists such as Feynman, Murray Gell-Mann, Freeman Dyson, and Steven Weinberg, and brings to life such pivotal moments as the 1969 moon landing and the Challenger disaster.

Giveaway Rules. Today I am giving away THREE copies of this thought provoking book!

Entry: Comment with your email address in the body of the comment (you can list it as mary123 (at) yahoo(dot)com). If you do not list your email address your entry will not count.

Extra Entry: Sign up to follow my blog (or let me know that you are a current follower). NOTE: This extra entry MUST be left in a separate comment or it will not count.

The giveaway is open to Canadian and US residents only.
You must be 18 years of age or older.
NO P.O. Boxes for the winner’s mailing address.

Giveaway ends July 3rd. Good Luck!

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow! this looks terrific. I've always enjoyed Wouk's work, and the subject is one I'm fascinated about.

    tbranco(at)hughes(d0t)net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a loyal follower.
    tbranco(at)hughes (d0t)net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that one of the topics discussed here is prayer.
    GFC follower.
    enyl(at)inbox(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a good read. I have read Wouk before.

    tekeygirl at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a read that would make you think

    mynewhomeiowa at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great author so should be interesting...

    madamerkf at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. this should be interesting!

    barracudaron@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to read this book. My dad was always interesting in science and in fact came to know Jesus as his personal Savior through a sermon relating science to faith.

    myfunnydadharry(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a follower on My Funny Dad Harry blog--(same author as for Karen & Gerard Zemek.)

    myfunnydadharry(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

    ReplyDelete