Tuesday, July 24, 2012

First Chapter -- First Paragraph -- Tuesday Intros


Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros.   This week's intro is from the block bestseller The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins:


When I wake up, the other side of the bed is cold.  My fingers stretch out, seeking Prim’s warmth but finding only the rough canvas cover of the mattress.  She must have had bad dreams and climbed in with our mother.  Of course, she did.  This is the day of the reaping.

9 comments:

  1. I love the intro, and kind of disappointed that I haven't read this one yet. Enjoy as so many others have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely curious about this one...I haven't read it yet, but it's on my radar.

    Thanks for sharing...and for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why I haven't read these books. Everyone loves them. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read it and I would read it again, and go to the movie again. Love the story. thanks for stopping by today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I didn't want to read this series, but the more I see about them, the more I'm thinking I should.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is this your first time reading The Hunger Games?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was hooked from the very beginning when I read this trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to read The Hunger Games again -- it was my favorite in the trilogy!

    I sent you an email, by the way. Hopefully it didn't go to spam!

    ReplyDelete