Sunday, February 5, 2012

Mailbox Monday--February 5th!


Yippee February is here! And I am this month's host for Mailbox Monday!

Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia and is gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week and explore great book blogs. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists. Below is what I received this week.

Also, if you have trouble with Mr. Linky please let me know as I have never used this before. Lastly, feel free to leave a comment too. And if you do you're entered to win a mystery prize!  Thanks for stopping by!


1) The Last Dog on the Hill by Steve Duno.  Amazon Summary.  Born of guard dogs on a secret marijuana farm in Mendicino County, Lou truly was one dog in a million. On the winter day that the ailing, tick-infested feral pup was rescued by Steve Duno, neither dog nor man had a clue as to what they were getting into, or where the relationship would lead.

Last Dog on the Hill tells the story of an indigent young Rottweiler mix who, after abandoning his pack and the hills of his birth, went on to change the lives of hundreds of people and dogs, including the author’s, whose career as a behaviorist and writer was made possible through Lou’s extraordinary intelligence and heart. Lou won the respect of gang members, foiled an armed robbery, caught a rapist, fought coyotes and kidnappers, comforted elderly war veterans and Alzheimer patients in their final days, taught ASL to kids, learned scores of unique behaviors and tricks, amassed a vocabulary of nearly 200 words, helped rehabilitate hundreds of aggressive dogs and saved them from euthanasia. He was also a clown, consummate performer and Steve’s best friend for sixteen years. His story will make readers laugh and cry in equal measures.

This was a gift.




30 comments:

  1. I have added to the linky. I'm fairly new to this so not sure if I have to add each month when the hosting moves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your books sounds wonderful! It would be the type of book I would pick up when I need a lift. Enjoy your reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lou sounds like a really special dog! I'll be back tomorrow to link up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your book! It sounds like an uplifting story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have such mixed feelings about animal stories -- I love animals but I can't stand sad animals stories -- even if it ends happily in the end, getting there is hard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for hosting MM this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful.I have a rescue dog who is special. Many thanks. saubleb(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, sounds really good!
    Thanks for hosting this month. I'll be back to link up when my post goes live tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like the perfect book for animal lovers. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for hosting! I always enjoy visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds great. I love animal stories - if only more of them had happy endings! Thanks for hosting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like a truly inspirational story. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you got a great book! Thanks for hosting this month :)

    caribousmom (at) gmail (dot) come
    http://www.caribousmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just reading that summary makes me want to cry!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that sounds like a good read. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your new book sounds wonderful. Enjoy and thanks for hosting this month.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah, I love dog stories and Lou sounds like he was a great dog.

    Thanks for hosting MM!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love a good dog story! I'm a fairly new book blogger and just posted my first Mailbox Monday post and I'm really enjoying this opportunity to see what others are reading!
    http://bloominreviews.blogspot.com/2012/02/mailbox-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanks for the link up

    http://myheartbelongs2books.blogspot.com/2012/02/mailbox-monday-feb-6-2012.html

    ABreading4fun [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This sounds like a good dog story! These types of books always pull at my heartstrings! Thanks for hosting MM this month!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like quite a dog. Enjoy! And thanks for hosting this month.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful, inspiring story! Lou sounds like quite an amazing dog. I adore dogs and cats. I have a lot of difficulty reading books/stories (or watching them) about most animals because it saddens and haunts me a lot if they are mistreated, neglected, alone, homeless, and more. I know these stories usually have happy endings, but I still find them hard to read. I will buy them although, especially if a purchase bgenefits an animal charity.

    I hope you enoy this book! I'll keep an eye out for your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you enjoy your read.

      http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/02/mailbox-monday.html

      Delete
  23. I'm excited to be participating today. It's been a while! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for hosting this meme this month! Your new book sounds quite good!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This looks like such a wonderful, heart-warming novel! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I haven't head of this before but it sounds touching. I hope you enjoy and thanks for hosting this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Mailbox just up as I returned to Colombo on Tuesday! hope I am not too late.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Enjoy your new book and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is the first time I've heard of that book! It sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete