Tuesday, September 27, 2011

First Chapter -- First Paragraph -- Tuesday Intros



Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea has started a fun new meme First Chapter, First Paragraph, Tuesday Intros. This week's intro is from Help! for Writers by Roy Peter Clark:


Writing is not magic. It is a craft, a process, a set of steps. As with any process, things sometimes break down. Even in a good story, the writer runs into problems. So the act of writing always includes problem solving. At times, things get so bad, writers feel as if they're drowning. Before going under, they reach for a lifeline.

This book offers that lifeline.

3 comments:

  1. Well, if I were a writer (I can hardly handle my reviews LOL) this opener would really make me curious for more. Hope it turns out to be an informative resource for serious writers.

    enjoy Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad writing isn't magic. It gives me hope. But I have to give up the fantasy that my reviews will write themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Diane. If I were a writer I'd definitely want to read this book!

    ReplyDelete