If you're planning on visiting Washington, D.C. this weekend you might want to consider rescheduling because it looks like the place will be on shutdown for the immediate future. Perhaps Memorial Day weekend or the 4th of July would be a better time.
In the mean time for my fellow non-essential feds, here is my personal Furlough Preparedness/Survival List:
10) Buy bulk packs of Ramen Noodles.
9) Collect coupon inserts from Sunday papers left at Starbucks.
8) Take showers with clothes on (washing me and clothes at the same time).
7) Set out empty tubs to collect rain water for household water supplies.
6) Donate blood and plasma for food money.
5) Walk dogs on recycling day so I can collect aluminum cans to sell.
4) Call up local dairy farms to find out where I can score free cow dung to use for heat/cooking purposes.
3) Tie string to teeth and attach to door knob so I can pull out decayed teeth and save on dental costs.
2) Follow Sheryl Crow’s guidelines for toilet paper use: one square at a time.
1) Wear sandwich board sign “Will Furlough for Food” in front the Capitol and the White House.
I'm a reader/commuter in the DC Metro Area. My daily commute to work provides me with ample time to do what I love most: read! Whether its chick lit, literature, memoirs or other non fiction you can always find me with a book.
Review requests may be sent to dcmetroreader(at)gmail(dot)com.
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.
The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.
The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org